Attention to the sortitional selection of decision-making bodies is increasing through publications and online forums. You can join our efforts in this in several ways:
- Supporting Common Lot Productions. We sell DVDs and are available for presentations. We do not want to be a non-profit venture because we believe that the marketplace of ideas can provide. We are looking for financial advisors who can guide us to profitability.
- Engaging with us on media productions. We have a full-length, big budget, high concept comic screenplay about “the common lot”. We do not have the capacity to take this forward. We welcome collaborators.
- Suggesting other promotional manifestations of sortition. The idea is highly malleable. We can imagine live performances, other media productions and gallery installations in a wide variety of venues, exploring the concept of randomness. Again, we welcome collaborators and opportunities to explore these options.
- Encouraging viral expansion through social networking. Become a member of our Facebook page “Common Lot Productions” and ‘like’ us to all your ‘friends’.
- Experimenting with random selection in your lives, individually and corporately. Remember, though, that if your goal is proportional representation, statistical theory — the Law of Large Numbers — states that the greater the number in the selection pool, the closer proportional representation will be assured. And vice versa.
- Joining our Common Lot Productions ‘think tank’ by sending your ideas about how to make this a financially self-supporting endeavor as well as one that contributes to the larger movement of realizing The Next Step for Democracy. E-mail: info@TheCommonLot.com.